"I'll get by with a little help from my friends.."
( I was wrong! Ringo Starr sang this - aptly corrected by Ravi. Thanks Ravi!)
So here they are - the more-than-fifty!
With contributions from Nishant, Roopal, Praveen, Baku, Naresh and Parveen!
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.
Friends are definitely a great upper upper!
(I will not elaborate on these!. It's just what it is ..a list!)
50 quick pick-me-uppers
Indulge in colony gossip (Thanks Roopal!)
43. Get the whole family together! The extended family but all blood relatives - Mama, Chacha, Bua... (Thanks again Roopal... this is scary but worth trying!)
44. Write a blog on how you feel (Thanks Nishant, after number 44, this should do you good!)
45. Music (Thanks Praveen. I suppose any kind of music. Whatever floats your boat, right? )
46. Retail therapy! I agree... nothing like shopping -even if it's just window shopping- to lift up those flagging spirits! (Thanks heaps Kamal. I'll even send you the bills!)
47 Corny pop songs from The 80s
Food, food, food
49. Shoes, shoes shoes (Thanks Baku, for all 47, 48 & 49 - my favourite! Am so off to DSW right now!)
Watch a funny flick like "my cousin vinny" or "angoor" or even AFV
51. Forgive and connect , reach out to the friend you know needs you but is awkward to ask
52. Try on a lip colour like a deep red or fuschia pink (Parveen thanks so much for 50-52 - am sure Maybelline or Lancome will be happy to sponsor us on #52! Hahaha)
53. Getting acknowledged for little things
54. Being pampered for major accomplishments (after a significant time lapse of the said accomplishment)
55. Meeting an old friend that you can just hang around with
56. Drives - long peaceful drives - not sure how one can do that in Bombay any more, but we sure can do this here in Toronto.
57. Watching a good comedy (Thank you Naresh - all good... and yes peaceful drives in Mumbai are sometimes possible at 3 am on a good day!
So there you are... take your pick from my list or the contributed list.. and it isn't over yet... keep it coming!
Should I even say "Cheers"? I'm feeling better already! (See #44)